As technology continues to advance every single day and marketing strategies change frequently, we often stop and wonder where and when this internet frenzy first began. From content and email marketing, to mobile video and social media, there are quite a few interesting facts surrounding these mediums. After visiting various marketing and advertising websites, we’ve gathered a list of our favorite marketing facts that we wanted to share with you.
- 20% of all internet page views come from Facebook.
- Mobile video is the fastest growth sector in marketing.
- 50% of clicks on mobile banners are unintentional.
- Twttr was actually the original name of Twitter. A couple months before Twitter launched, the founders made the executive decision to change the name and rebrand.
- Al Pacino’s face was on the original Facebook homepage, back when it was called The Facebook.
- The first email ever sent was in 1971 by two computers that were sitting side by side.
- To date, the most expensive commercial in history was Nicole Kidman’s Chanel advertising campaign in 2003 which cost $33 million.
- 80% of small/medium-sized businesses don’t contain links to their social media networks on their websites—only 19.5% link to Facebook, and even less link to LinkedIn and Twitter.
- On average, marketers spend over a quarter of their marketing budget on content marketing.
- The 55-64 year age bracket is the fastest growing demographic on Twitter.
- Making up 57% of discussions, food is the most visited topic on Pinterest.
- Though LinkedIn has a lower number of users than Facebook, Twitter, Google + and Pinterest, 2 new members join LinkedIn every second.
- The average American spends at least 2 hours a day on social media networks from a computer, tablet and/or mobile phone.
As trends continue to evolve, we at McCauley Marketing Services pride ourselves on our ability to continuously adapt and utilize the most innovative marketing and advertising concepts and strategies which has kept us in business for a decade. We offer an extensive menu of services including advertising, social media, graphic design, writing/copy writing, public relations, SEO, SEM, and customer relationship management.